To be offered exclusively on Bring a Trailer
Vintique Motors is thrilled to present this 12k-mile 1999 Ferrari F355 F1 Berlinetta!
Ferrari offered the F355 starting in 1994 offering it through 1999 in three forms: a Berlinetta (coupe), a GTS (targa), and a Spider (convertible). All F355’s received a rear-mounted longitudinal 90 degree 3.5L V8 engine that featured DOHC and 5-valves per cylinder (also used in the 360 and the F50), titanium connecting rods, an 11:1 compression ratio, and Bosch Motronic ECU, and a dry sum oiling system. It was rated at 375 horsepower at 8,250 rpm and 268 lb.-ft. of torque at 6,000 rpm. Transmissions choice was limited to the traditional gated 6-speed manual until the “F1” single clutch automated manual with paddle shifters was also offered in 1997.
The F355’s design was penned by legendary Italian design firm Pininfarina and was aerodynamically assisted with over 1,300 hours spent in the wind tunnel and incorporates a nolder profile on the upper portion of the tail and a fairing on the underbody that generates downforce. The frame is a steel moncoque with a tubular steel rear sub-frame featuring a fully independent suspension with unequal-length wishbones, coil springs, and gas-filled telescopic shock absorbers with electronic control servos and anti-roll bars.
This F355 is finished in the traditional color of Rosso Corsa over a black Connolly leather interior and per records it was sold new at Ferrari of San Francisco in Mill Valley, CA on 3/9/1999 and subsequently registered in Waltham, MA with its first owner.
- The first owner would retain it for 3.5 years until it was acquired by dealer Braman Motorcars in West Palm Beach FL on 9/11/2002 with a reported 4,215 miles.
- Per the Carfax and AutoCheck, during this time with the original owner it was involved in an incident with a pedestrian on 2/27/2002.
- The second owner acquired it from Braman Motorcars on 12/18/2002 with a reported 4,832 miles and subsequently registered it in Woodbine, MD.
- The second owner would retain it for 6 months until it was acquired by its third owner from Denver, CO on 6/10/2003.
- The third owner would retain it for 2.5 years until it was acquired by its fourth owner from San Antonio, TX on 12/30/2005.
- The fourth owner would retain it for 6 months until it was acquired by its fifth owner from Del Rio, TX on 5/6/2006 with a reported 9,045 miles.
- The fifth owner would retain it for 16 years until it was acquired dealer Novak Motorcars in San Antonio, TX on 8/21/2022 with a reported 11,980 miles.
- The sixth owner acquired it from Novak Motorcars on 4/18/2023 and subsequently shipped the car to Michigan, registering it in Grand Ledge, MI, and today it is offered with 12,347 miles.
This is a very well maintained and looked after F355 with a binder accompanying the car housing a well-documented service history with over $47,500 in invoices. Over $12,000 of this is service performed since April 2023 including:
- June 2023 totaling $3,395.00 at Exotic Specialty Services in Huntington Beach, CA to order a complete sticky-button rectification kit.
- October 2023 at 12,338 miles totaling $8,987.76 at Cauley Ferrari in West Bloomfield, MI:
- Major engine out service (belt service and all ancillaries)
- Diagnosis of suspension light, service advisor and tech determined it can be rectified but was not critical due to a common issue with actuators.
- 4-wheel alignment
- All fluids changed
- A/C recharged
- Tires are Pirelli P-Zero in factory sizes with 2017 date codes
Accompanying the car are the original books and manuals, one original key with working alarm system fob, the original tool kit, the original CD changer, a CD-based service manual, and the service history file. The only known modifications from stock is a Challenger rear grill and clear front turn signal lens. This is an incredible opportunity to acquire a well looked after final year F355 F1 in classic Ferrari colors in very desirable Berlinetta configuration.